Updating your website
Updating your website increases visitor engagement and encourages repeat visits
Updating your website
There are many reasons why it is important to update your website regularly. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Improved SEO. Search engines like Google favor websites with fresh and relevant content. When you update your website regularly, you are signaling to search engines that your website is active and up-to-date. This can help to improve your website’s ranking in search results.
- Improved user experience. Visitors are more likely to return to a website that is regularly updated with new content. When you update your website with fresh information, you are providing your visitors with a reason to come back. This can lead to increased traffic and engagement.
- Increased authority and credibility. When you regularly update your website with high-quality content, you are demonstrating your expertise in your field. This can help to increase your authority and credibility with potential customers and partners.
- Security. Updating your website’s software and plugins can help to keep your website secure from hackers and malware. This is important for protecting your website’s visitors and your own data. When you host your website with LJ Digital Media all technical updates are included in your hosting costs. Read more about hosting here.
In addition to these general benefits, there may be specific reasons why it is important to update your website regularly depending on your industry or business model. For example, if you sell products online, you need to keep your website updated with your latest inventory and pricing information.
Increase Visitor Engagement
Fresh content on your website will encourage visitors to stay longer and interact with your website.
Encourage Repeat Visits
Visitors will come back again and again if your website is informative, interesting and filling a need.
SEO & Being Found on Google
Google loves fresh content! Updating and adding to your website can really help you to be found on Google.
- Change page content
- Add fresh new images
- Add gallery of images
- Re-structure your website
- Write blog posts or latest news items
- Regular updating of documents, policies, meeting agendas and minutes
- Add products to online stores
- Publicise events and promotions
- Add new product variations, ticketed events or chargeable services
- Add new functionality
Pay by the hour £30 per hour, or if you sign up for a regular hours and pay by Direct Debit, benefit from discounts. See below.